Monday, March 01, 2010

AP Games

 

Earlier today, I looked at Drudge and saw a headline about Warren Buffett and his comments on the effects of health care on the American economy.  At least that is what the headline on the AP/Yahoo! story said this morning:

 

Capture

I no longer have the story as written originally, but I remember that it was generally favorable to the reform that is currently on the table. 

So, later I see this story from Politico:

 

Capture

This is from the same interview that was on CNBC this morning.  So, after I see the Politico story, I go looking for the AP story.  I started at Drudge, but the headline was gone.  Then, I dig through the web history of my browser and find it and click through to the story, and here is what I find:

 

Capture

Oops!  If you read the Politico story, they really emphasize the harsh comments (well, as harsh as Buffett ever gets) that Buffett had for the current plan.  The AP story, on the other hand, buries the health care comments deep in the story and really limits the amount of reporting on the health care comments that Buffett made.  Again, I wish that I had the original story from this morning from AP; it would be really interesting to compare that story to the newer Politico version.  Regardless, I smell bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment